Monday, July 20, 2009

Spamming... is this a right action?

To all my readers, thanks for your support and valuable comment... You are my great companions on the blog communities... I appreciate all of your comments and we have lots of fun visiting each others blog. 


Sadly to say that i also got some of the bloggers whom wondering around the blog communities to draw attention due to he or she wanna to get more hit on their blog... I would consider this group of people a spammer... 

As a technology graduate, I'm very clear about what is the rules of using blogs... I think most of us using blogs to express our ideas, motivates each others to continue with our day to day life... Making new friends through blogging... but some of the people out there just have some hidden agenda that no one will know... maybe they just wanna to use the blog to create a fight, bad mouth people, accuse people, calling other people names etc... why should those people do this kind of things without benefit others... ???? 

hmmm... recently there's lots of interesting stories in the blog world about Plagiarism!!! I was experienced once myself as one of my blog entries about my experience of visiting a place in Malaysia was translated into the other language and published into a blog in other side of the world? What i did to close this?... I didn't hire a professional to spam for me in others blogs... I didn't bother to spam other bloggers in the communities myself about this matter... Didn't even bother to go around the blog communities to tell the whole world my material was being copied and translated? But i did send a mail and settle with the particular blogger? I didn't wanna to spam others blogger as i'm not as immature as some of the people out there... thought going around the blog communities and spam could actually solve the problem and created the awareness to other bloggers ... Yes! you might have created the awareness but what would the bloggers communities going to do ... boycott the bloggers? Sue the bloggers? Kill the bloggers? ... :p

Okay, please don't put me wrong that i support the person that steal our material in our blog...I will not support those people... but if there is one ... things can be resolved through between the owner and the person without even need to hire third parties to create a hoohaa in the blog communities... Again ... Please tell me what is the benefit by doing so? What would you get out of this... Just to warn other bloggers and seek for revenge to boycott the person? or just wanna to get more publicity and more hits? hmmm .... what is the real objective? Don't ask me...  I just don't have the answer... the person who spam around should have the answer to what we are looking for... ;-)

I strongly thinks that the spammers are worst as they did more destroy to the communities... ;-) So, what do you think?

20 comments:

Paul Figaro J said...

Plagiarism?? i see that as information sharing.....you know, FYI kinda thing...we do something post joke that we read at somewehre else right?
If a person willing to copy the post that i wrote, means my post is good; otherwise he/she wont copy mine right? I'll take it as a complement!
So grow up, life still move on, earth still turnning and spinning, big deal!

ehh....suddenly emo pulak..

TZ said...

Paul J: I'm not emo lor ... Just wanna to express some of my thot... :p hmmm... I can copy your post next time... copy with pride... blek! *clap clap*

Paul Figaro J said...

i mean me being emo in my comment lah..not u...perasan pulak...copy lah...

TZ said...

ooopsss.... :p

Medie007 said...

hahahahha
clap clap at Paul J's comment

well said well said TZ. :D

Stanley said...

Sad but true....controversies brings publicity. Many blogs have become famous just because of controversy. Btw, how did you find out that fella was plagiarizing your work? I really don't have a problem with people using my stuff, I would just like to be notified. All they have to do is give my credit for my work rather than show it as their own.

Bengbeng said...

just dont lose focus that the most important thing is yr coming exams :)

Pike-chan said...

I've been subscribing to many blogs to my email and that particular person has really gone a long way to all the links to put that comments there... my inbox is full of it.

Medie007 said...

> pikey: apparently journalists are very free. seems like they've got nothing else to do and ransack other ppl's blogroll. oh wait, that' wat they do best.

Pranny said...

Aiya, they are trying to make a big fuss over plagiarism... Paul J said it all...

Oh wait, the latest hot topic is about the Michael Jackson accuser and lier thing... You can see it in a few blogs now...

[SK] said...

yeah i got that comment in my blog too, anyway thanks for his info but that really didn't bother me much.. it's just something to see, say aahh, and then forgotten..

vincent said...

plagiarism? whatever, just focus on yr test dude!

TZ said...

Medie007: LoLz...

Stanley: I don't mind too... i think something can be shared across and benefit others... Not that i wanna to write a book.

BengBeng: ooopsss ... i just wrote this when i took a break from my study... Anyway, thanks :) Will focus back to my study.

Pikey: dude, pity you... so that's i called a spam... you got the same message over and over until your email full eh! :p

medie007: errrr.... maybe some of them are free. But at least one in this world shown that :p

Jerry: i think we need to change to talking about MJ accuser now... Let's switch... otherwise we are out... blek!

[SK]: Dude, i got annoying by spammer that come into my blog... hmmm maybe it's good to ignore them instead ... DELETE and MOVE ON. kakaka... :p

Vincent: kiddo... I'm staying focus but just wanna to blog when i break from my study... :p

said...

hmmm~ i faced this problem too~ but wat to do? sometimes some ppl r very childish and they have nothing to do but to spam

TZ said...

Leu: hmmm... what can we do? I think we just need to ignore the those spammer and don't fulfill their wish of getting the hits ;-)

William said...

Why have a blog if one cannot write. Need to steal pulak. Ish.

foongpc said...

I don't agree on both plagiarism and spamming.

It takes a lot of effort to write a post and I don't like anyone to copy everything I wrote and just paste it on his/her blog!

He can take some points and rewrite them in his own way, that is perfectly OK, but not blindly copy 100%!

Besides, I feel if I plagiarise someone's post, I'm cheating on my loyal readers.

As for spamming, it depends on what you consider spamming. Sometimes I sort of "chat" on the comments which may include other topics - this I feel is not spamming.

But if someone were to just drop a comment on my blog promoting a product or service without any mention of the topic I wrote - that I consider spamming : )

Medie007 said...

spamming would mean leaving the same comments in numerous blogs irrelevant to the blogs. keyword: SAME comment.

lotsa talent in copy and pasting too.

TZ said...

William: agreed... :)

Foongpc: there's lots of different perspective of spamming and plagiarism... Anyway, i really think sometime it's too convenient to spam in the open information highway... :p

Medie007: hehehe... the keyword really is the SAME comments across the communities :p

TZ said...

All: Thanks for all of your valuable comments... i think this is could be a good topic for debate... hehehe :p