Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hungry Ghost Month

You will kind of know when the Hungry Ghost Month (HGM) approaching...
1) The horror movies in the national TV
2) Lots of people sicks
3) Live concert by the roadside with the first and second rows of chair empty
4) Prayer booth setup by the roadside and within the temple

When i was a little kid, i usually very scare of Hungry Ghost Month. Maybe thanks to those ghost movies and commercial that reflected the scary part of the HGM and those people whom pray to those hungry ghost on the street...

14th days of the HGM was the most happening day according to the old people. There were the day that lots of hungry ghost wondering around the street... So usually my mom will ask me to come back home as early as possible. But I think that's the practice for most of the people as the street is empty on that day.

I found this clip regarding on how the Malaysian Chinese pray during the HGM... 


5 comments:

Small Kucing said...

me too used to be scared of hugry ghost month....always fall sick during HGM

foongpc said...

Huh? More people fall sick during Hungry Ghost month?

foongpc said...

I only know more deaths and accidents during this time.

Twilight Man said...

I will love to watch the opera shows by the road side!

TZ said...

Small Kucing: Hope this round you will not fall sick. Drink more water and take good rest.

FoongPC: I think both sick and death increasing... not sure why? but there is a trend.

Twilight Man: Hope you not sitting the front seat eh~ When i was a kids i was wondered why the front seat were empty.