Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Faulty TRANSCEND SD card ... Reliable?

Last weekend when i was happily filming the Hornbill Feeding... all of the sudden, my camera malfunction and giving me an error indicator on my card deck number 2. This is deck which store the card for video clips.  

So guess what card i was using? 


Yes! I'm using Transcend and this card was NOT cheap... it costs me RM195 for a 16GB where as the reliable ScanDisk only cost RM160. 

Why i purchase this card?  
The lady from FotoFlash KLCC who sold me the camera has confidently mentioned Transcend is a reliable SD card brand and a lot of people using it. Since i have no time to shop for my SD card. I decided to give it a try... I bought this card on August few days before my Vietnam trip and guess what on Nov the card just corrupted. Not even three months. This is so called RELIABLE... 

So do you think it's reliable? No... No... No....
I wanna to shout out ... "THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT RELIABLE..." Lady in FotoFlash please don't recommend this brand to other camera owner in the future... now i don't know whether all my nice photo are able to recover :(

I went into the Transcend facebook to get some contact for after service... By reading all the wall post, I realized that there were so many complaints and their after service seems like not very good too. Anyway, I will only send my card for repair when i come back from my Thailand trip. I definitely will NOT going to try out any other brand except ScanDisk. I don't want to risk my nice photo in those unreliable SD card.

To be continue ... 

5 comments:

foongpc said...

Looks like the lady from Fotoflash lied to you. Ask for a refund!

Medie007 said...

COMPLAIN!!!!

FilipBlog said...

Try to get your money back. The problem is your data that is on it.

Greetings,
Filip

Pluboy2 said...

i am using toshiba RM239 for 16GB

Cedric Ang said...

It's SANdisk. Its more reliable than any other brands in Malaysia.