Saturday, March 20, 2010

Snooping on an interesting interview

March 20th 2010 13:00 : I am sitting in a coffee place having my lunch at the same time writing this entry... In parallel, there is an interviewing going on the next table. I am snooping into their conversation because it's very interesting. I'm analyzing and observing how the interview going on... Hmmm... I have the feeling the interviewee might not get this job... She is very calm but she just don't have the correct mindset or she's too direct/honest.


She actually interview for a regional position. The interviewer is very smart and know what he wants... his questions are very objective, direct and crisp... If i have a chance to talk to the interviewer, I would like to do so...

Okie, let's snoop into what the interviewee has communicated out...
  1. She complained about her colleagues.
  2. She complained about her current boss and claimed that her boss is married without children due to too focus on his job.
  3. She kept stress on she wanted the work life balance. Her most top priority is family.
  4. She said that the current company sucks because of too many paper work. she was grounded in the office.
  5. She could not stand the stress within her workplace.
  6. She stressed on her preference for not wanted to travel that much due to family... How could a sales person not traveling. Tell me a good method to close a deal without travel. Anyone?
  7. She said that she handle P&L but she could not recall what is the main elements in the P&L. Surprisingly she was explaining to the interviewer now.
So if you are the interviewer, will you hire her?

I would like to wish her all the best to her interview... She should have already know what would be the turn out... If she got hired, i think the interviewer might have a click with her personality or something else...

Anyway, sometime i think for each of the interview we gone through ... sometime really depends on our luck and whether we could click with the hiring manager. My track records were broken last year before this every interview i gone through I got hired on the spot. This no longer happened to me... *sob sob*

All the best to the lady who are still interviewing now. I hope you got the job that you are looking forward to ...

12 comments:

smallkucing said...

I guess she wont get the job. This cannot that cannot...

Paul Figaro J said...

NEVER EVER bad mouth about ur current employer during interview lorr...and definetly not complaining colleague as well!! coz it will give impression you are not a team player! ishh....

Anonymous said...

rule of thumb for interview is nvr complain/condemn ppl/thing, instead try to b more positive :P

Borneo Falcon said...

She won't get the job. I did the same mistake as her many years back. Never bad mouth your ex or present company.

TZ said...

Smallkucing: I don't have chance to talk to her.. otherwise i will let her know :p

Paul Figaro J: hahaha... someone didn't think about how others perception :p

the happy go lucky one: i agreed ... never say negative things :p

Borneo Falcon: I bet after you learnt your lesson you are very careful on what can be said and what cannot be said :p

deeperanddeeper said...

how come you're just next to where the interview is taking place? no privacy one meh?

Anonymous said...

lol! U sound so kepoh. =P

TZ said...

deeperanddeeper: Before i was there, the interview has started... I half way into their conversation...

Joshua: hahaha... you perceived as i'm Kepoh is bcoz i blog about this :p Anyway, they forced me to listen as there were not many seat left in the place which near to the plug... i need a plug to power my lappie. So have no choice but being a listener :p

Little Dove said...

An interview in Starbucks? O.O

Sounded like she didn't project herself well during the interview but it's true, if the boss likes you, you're in no matter what.

William said...

Thought you were the interviewer. :P

TZ said...

Little Dove: hahaha... it's not @ Starbie... what make you think it's @ Starbie?

William: Hmmm... i'm not the interviewer :p If i'm the interviewer i will straightaway strike the bell... "Ding, Next!"

Twilight Man said...

Ha ha! I thought I was the only busybody! That reminds me when I overhead your Borneo trip over breakfast at McDonalds. Remember?