Saturday, May 23, 2009

On hunting a place to bunk...

My friend and I reached Kuala Terengganu (KT) at about late evening after 8 hours non-stop driving from KL to KT... It was a nice and pleasant drove as i'm a marathon driver :p At my plan, i didn't plan to go all the way to KT, only planned to pull over night @ Rantau Abang... Who knows when i drove and drove and drove ... finally we came to KT.

Guess what? We dropped by a decent resort hotel near the beach @ KT... the reception told us all the rooms were fully booked and non of the room was available ... The first attempt failed ... so we went to the second attempt which was a four storey shophouses type of converted Hotel... unfortunately all the rooms were taken too. Straightaway i was off my comfort zone as it had happened to my family and I couple years back in KT ... the same situation, I didn't book any rooms in advance over KT...  ended up we drove around for rooms to bunk over ... that's experience was so painful... even we willingly to pay higher price for the night... there were no room available... Sigh!

I was cursed on visiting KT was the first thing came to my mind.... I was a bit panic when we called up almost all the hotel in the list were full...  thanks to my friend who was so calm and we started to use internet on getting a new list of potential hotel... This was better than couples year back... at least instead of running around to ask, we called all the hotel... :) We found one hotel which has left a couple of rooms... this was a new and nice hotel i.t. the Felda Residence Hotel near China town.



We called them up and they quoted RM170 nett with breakfast included. So i told my friend we should grab the room fast... but my friend was a bit hesitate as the room rate was too expensive for a couple of hours to bunk over ... We decided to try the other budget lodge which was not far from the kopitiam...

Heehehe... finally there was a room for two cost RM79 nett (no breakfast) and it was a decent hotel to stay as the hotel was clean and have all the basic facilities ... Okay for a few hours of sleep. Straight after we had decided, there were couple of people walked in and asked for room to bunk over that night ... how lucky were we to have a cheaper room :p


I was so relieved after checked in... I took a nice shower and relax myself after a whole day of driving ... Then we called it a night ... :) Next time, I would go ahead to make reservation for my next KT visit ... what a two unpleasant visit and experience with no hotel room available... :p

11 comments:

Chris said...

i think i only been to kt once only.. During my secondary school time..

Medie007 said...

whoa... luckily u didn't need to sleep on the street. but come to think about it, u guys were driving wat, i wouldn't mind pulling over by the beach and sleep in the car. :P blek! although the following day u might wake up aching all over the body. hehehe

Danny said...

i am always not very fuss about the hotel condition.. as long as the bed is comfy, the room is clean and the hotel is safe, i'm FINE.

Twilight Man said...

I have never been to KT and what happened after your shower? just Zzzzzz or played with turtles?

V said...

YES what happened after u shower? ;P

[SK] said...

well for me as long as the place is clean (i do really mean physically and also mentally) and tidy, it would be sufficient, i don't need luxury hotels.. :)

JL said...

Lucky you got such a comfortable room at so low rate. This call "jin heng" in hokkien XD

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yikes! ....... single beds? :P

+Ant+

TZ said...

Chris: is it ... u should go again... it's different rite now.

Medie007: hahaha... it's fun to pull over by the beach ... feeding the mosquitoes. :p

Danny: good... i'm not fuss about the hotel condition too... i also requested the three basic things as what u mentioned :)

Twilight Zone: wow! Dude... u should go to KT... it's a nice town :) hmmm... what r u thinking after my shower? :p

Queen B: hmmm... watch TV and sleep what else?

[SK]: hehehe... it's easy to travel with SK too... *clapclap*

JL: hmmmm... i could not understand what is "Jin Heng" errrrr... anyway, we are lucky.

::. Anton ::. : Ermmmmm... what's wrong with the single beds.... ???

foongpc said...

I always book hotels in advance, cos I hate to end up with the last room which is usually haunted! Haha!

TZ said...

foongpc: really ... tell us more about the haunted hotel :p