Sunday, May 10, 2009

A visit to Ban San...

What/Where is Ban San? Ban San is a place that u could get vegetables, seafood, poultry... basically it's anything that you need for your day to day life. So where is this Ban San? hehehe.... "Ban San" in Penang means wet market. Errrrrr.... guess what? for my past years i think i could use 10 fingers to calculate the visit to the wet market... a place that is forbidden for TZ.... TZ don't like the place as the place is so dirty and full of smelly water on the ground... people just squeezed through without even saying excuse me... :(


My friends has teased me on Saturday morning as i texted him saying that i was on my way to Ban San (Wet Market in Penang)... He just teased me that i would just stand outside the Ban San or just waited for my uncle to finish his marketing in the car.... yaya! you were WRONG! i stepped into the Ban San... *Hiak Hiak*

Our first stop! The sundry shop .... Please don't underestimate the small little sundry shop... which carries lots of different products... Do you see any Canned food that you would buy from Tesco, Carrefour in this sundry shop... :p

Sundry shop inside Ban San

Fish! fish! fish! where are you? This fish monger's place was my uncle target... He bought all his fish supply from this stall... 


This is a close shot of a type of fish (please don't ask me the name as i don't know the name... blek!)

Three fishes whom greet you in the morning

Fruits ... how could we left out the fruits store ... colorful and lots of variety of fruits ... did you see any fruits imported from China or Thailand ??? 

Pears and Lychee! :)

As i mentioned earlier, i'm not a kind of person that like to visit Ban San... but this Ban San has a things that attracted me... so what was the item in Ban San has attracted me ... do any one of you know ? hehehehe... it's food... of coz what else you talked about in Penang ... Yup! Food... The famous Penang Prawn Mee so called "Hokkien Mee"... Yum Yum...

My breakfast - Hokkien Mee (Prawn Noodles)

Last but not least... as i practiced to take some portrait shot. I just happened to take this dude whom came to Ban San with his mom... How i know? I just overheard her mom said that he just came back for vacation. How's my portrait shot anyway?


More Pictures : Ban San @ Penang

15 comments:

Danny said...

nice color combo on the fruits n prawn mee pic... drooling liao...

Cedric Ang said...

the guy is hot ..

V said...

YES the guy is hot! ;P

Paul Figaro J said...

oh........that guy not bad....i think he is gay lor.....hahahahaha

TZ said...

Danny: hehehe... u like the two piccie eh! ... I like them too... especially the fruit one. My cousin use it as the wall paper :)

Cedric Ang, Queen B: hmmm... dude, my question is how my portrait shot... am i that good... took the hottest shot of that person ... blek!

Paul J: Dude, I'm curious how do you know?

Twilight Man said...

Hey Macho man, shame on you for hardly going to ban san. I had to carry baskets to buy fresh fishes, chicken and vegetables alone since I was in primary school. Hard to believe me, rite? You seem to love Penang so much, why not migrate there dude.

TZ said...

Twilight Zone : I have never doubt with what Grandma Twilight mentioned... wow! no wondered Twilight Grandma have so much knowledge of getting fresh food... Migrate to Penang ... errrrrr... maybe not ... vacation YES! blek~

Danny said...

ur cousin got good taste...lol

SS Quah said...

"TZ don't like the place as the place is so dirty"

Dirty? Hey, you're going to eat the cooked stuff later, aren't you?

foongpc said...

Hey, now only I notice your initials TZ also stands for Twilight Zone! LOL!

KhaO-LAr-sEXy-PRESS said...

TZ go there not for hot food but for hot guy. ok lar, is both... :P he's very satisfied now. u can see more often in ban san thereafter. :P

Medie007 said...

hahaha... u stepped into the Ban San to take photos ony ah?

Cedric Ang said...

The picture is good of course, since you can capture such a hot creature.

*fap fap fap*

JL said...

I like the catfish pic very much lorh. xD

The guy portrait, is good, but he look like very lan si, like "see how handsome I am, you handsome like me meh?" XDDD

Twilight Man said...

You are the only blogger who is connected to me that has the best photographic angles that appeal my eyes! Recently I asked my office's official photographer to view your blog pixs & he agreed with my ratings. Keep it up dude!