Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10% extra for Touch 'N Go

Have anyone use Touch 'n' Go in any shopping mall parking? I was so tempted to use the TnG this morning but when i found out that 10% extra charge whenever we paid for our parking using TnG... I immediately changed my mind, why should i pay 10% more to go paperless... I think it's not fair to us yet we didn't use any payment facilities.


I definitely will not use TnG for parking... imagine you are paying RM2.00 for the 1st hour and subsequent hour for RM1.50 (this rate is using the normal parking method).... when you use TnG you need to pay 10% extra from your parking ended up RM2.20 for the 1st hour and subsequent hour for RM1.65. Let's say i park for 4 hours ... how much extra i need to pay? yup! RM0.65 ... i think it's too much to ask us to pay RM0.65 extra for not using their facilities but only the detected... :p

Anyway, some might just say we need to pay for our convenience i.e. 10% of the parking cost..But i totally disagree... in fact, i think we should get 10% off from the parking rate instaead of paying extra. Why we need to be charged for convenience and paperless... What do you think?

12 comments:

William said...

Long, long ago dy lo..... I'm not paying 10% extra for that "convenience".

TZ said...

William: I noticed that when shopping mall used started to use TnG but i couldn't believe we still need to pay 10% extra ... sigh~ sigh~ sigh~ ...

ladyviral said...

Well, sometimes it is for convenience like "no need to queue so long to pay the parking ticket" or "don't have to prepare small change for the amount to pay at the machine.

But of course a discount is usually nicer since it is paperless like you said, but I think the % is the whole "parking gets the fee, TnG gets the 10% of the fee".

Well, voting for discount here! hehehe

Medie007 said...

10% extra is indeed ridiculous... i tried once just for the convenience of not wanting to queue, it wasn't that much in the end, just less than RM1 more, but still... grr

Chin Weng 茶先生 said...

We as the TnG user should get the 10% discount.

keeyit said...

Got such things le? I din know that le...

Johnny Ong said...

its really ridiculous to be "penalised" for going paperless / green. how do u expect the general public to go green when such parking facilities do not encourage people to do so and yet "penalised"

doc said...

anyway, you still see people paying with TnG. but i wonder who gets to keep the extra 10%? my guess is TnG itself.

foongpc said...

I normally don't use Touch n Go for parking. It's not about the 10% though I agree with you they should not charge that extra 10%! Don't know why I just prefer to pay at the machines.

But I love The Gardens Mall best! No need to pay at machines, just drive to the exit booth like the old days and pay there. More convenient than machines and Touch n Go. Haha!

Twilight Man said...

I didn't realise there is this 10% extras!!!!!! Gosh! Blardy fool I always love to Touch n Go! Anyway, I started parking by the road sides for FREE sometimes.

TZ said...

Ladyviral: i think we should go and ask for 10% discount instead ...

Medie007: dude... why should we pay a single cent for using TnG... we save the printing of the carpark ticket ... in fact we should get whatever the parking company save. :p

Chin Weng 茶先生: i totally agree with you.

Keeyit: hmmm.... i bet you never use it :)

Johnny Ong: Dude, I'm with you... I think we should not pay the 10% extra for using paperless.. so i decided to boycott using TnG in Carpark.

FoongPC: Aiyo... you are the 1st person that i knew like to pay the ticket @ the machine and manually... Anyway, I hope the TnG get rid of 10% extra and give us 10% discount... then i will start using it.

Twilight Zone: hmmmm... now i know Twilight Zone contributes those unnecessary jam in those busy street... Twilight parked his car on the by the road side ... :(

SS Quah said...

daylight robbery....