The Stars newspaper published on June 11th 2012 7:11pm - "China to loan two pandas to Malaysia for 10 years". According to the news, it will bring good to Malaysia for
- The Stars : To get better relationship between Malaysia and China in order to bring more China investor to Malaysia and boast our lovely country economic
- TZ : How much our lovely country needs to invest to host the pandas and what is the Return on Investment (ROI). Is this worth to invest?
- The Starts : To enable Malaysia to conduct conservation research on the giant panda
- TZ: I don't see any benefit in Malaysia as we don't have pandas. If the lovely government stated to conduct conservation research on Malaya Sun Bear. Then i still see some benefit to the scientists and the nations. BTW, if they wanna study Panda, why can't the country send the selected scientists over to China, i bet the expenses will be way lower than hosting the two pandas.
- The Stars : Promote public awareness on Panda conservation undertaken by China.
- TZ : I don't see any benefit to Malaysia and its people.
- The Stars : Encourage the public to appreciate and learn the importance of biodiversity and wildlife conservation of Malaysia.
- TZ : There are many more Wildlife in Malaysia needed funding to setup conservation.. Why not promoting helping these wildlife e.g. Malaya Sun Bear... how many of you know that the Malaya Sun bear actually originated from Malaysia/Borneo. I believe the Sun Bear conservation would also be able to encourage the public to appreciate and learn the importance of wildlife conservation of Malaysia. But very sad these wildlife conservation do not get as much funding as our lovely government plans to spend on the two pandas.
In this case, I'm really disappointed how our lovely government plan to use our hard earned money aka tax payer money to fund the unnecessary items which DO NOT BENEFIT the nation. There are lots more that we need funding but never gotten any... Sigh~