Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lunch with my ex-colleague, Mel

(Dated : Oct 16th 2007 - Tuesday)

My colleague, Corine has suggested and planned to have lunch with our ex-colleague Melanie. Since our has given us Tuesday off... we decided to make a trip to downtown KL.

I sent my car for service early morning and decided to explore on taking a bus to KLCC (Petronas Twin Tower) from Taman Maluri. Taking public transport always is a challenge for a person like me which my last bus ride was back in 1990s... and the bus system in Kuala Lumpur (Rapid KL) has changed so much that i don't even know which route is to what destination... So, i made up my mind and decided to go ahead to learn something new by exploring the new bus system in Kuala Lumpur... so confident eh!


Anyway, I managed to walked over to the Light Rail Train station and looked at the bus route board. To my surprised, the public transport in Kuala Lumpur has improved with lots of accurate route information. After understand the route, I hopped up to bus# B114... which i had the confident that this bus would brought me directly to KLCC. Bingo! I hit the jackpot and the bus brought me to my destination... :-p I learnt something new... I popped in Isetan for some shopping.

Walked over from KLCC to Ampang train station to meet up Corine. Met Corine and we walked over to Megan Avenue just behind OSK building. We had planned to meet for lunch @ Bee Bakery. As usual, chit chat over lunch and catch up with what has left off after Mel left the company. Spent about 1 hour + for lunch and Mel went back to work and we left the place. Corine and I walked over to KLCC and shopped for a while before we hit back home.


Corine, Mel and me


I took the Rapid KL bus (B114) back to Taman Maluri and picked up my car from the service center, then headed home. Some pictures that i took along the way back from KLCC to Taman Maluri.

Bus stop in front of KLCC


What a nice and relax day i had especially some catching up with my ex-colleague during lunch.

No comments: