Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Friend from Chili's G-Hotel

I dropped by Chili's @ G-Hotel last Sunday. Since I'm alone, i just sat by the bar area which i don't want to wait for the table. At the same time, i prefered to sit by the bar as i could meet the bartender and have a chat with him or her. So, as usual i made the decision to sit by the bar on Sunday.

I was greet by this bartender in Chili's. He is very friendly and asking me whether what kind of drinks that i would like to start with. Guess what drink i started with? (Answer: Pres_ _ _ _ _ _ Margarita). And at the same time i ordered my favor " Old timer burger with Chili no cheese".

Then straightaway the bartender preparing my drinks and few minutes later my drink served. As the crowd were quite slow, the bartender was a little free... so i started the conversation with him and introduced myself. The bartender name is Mahen. He has worked in Pangkor Island Resort for 4 years and venture his business in KL. Then he decided to move on to Penang after a friend of him invited him to join Chili's Penang.

He is a very experience bartender and the drink that he made is awesome. To make the story short... i enjoying talking with him and he has made 2 others drinks i.e. Pina colada and long beach.

Pina Colada
3 oz light rum
3 tbsp coconut cream
3 tbsp crushed pineapples
Put all ingredients into an electric blender with 2 cups of crushed ice. Blend at a high speed for a short length of time. Strain into a collins glass and serve with a straw.

Long Beach
1 3/4 oz tequila
1 3/4 oz triple sec
1 3/4 oz rum
1 3/4 oz vodka
1 3/4 oz gin
fill with sweet and sour mix
1 splash cranberry juice

Combine all ingredients and pour over ice in a highball glass. Add the splash of Cranberry juice. Decorate with a slice of lemon and serve.

I left Chili's after my third drinks and called it a day... went back to hotel with some alcohol influence. I was so enjoying meeting this new friends while sipping the drinks that made by him... :-) Will visit Mahen before leaving for KL next week.

No comments: