Monday, April 6, 2009

Yellow man! where are you???

I was searching high and low for yellow man in the Curve last Friday... my phone prepaid credit was extremely low... I was a bit panic when the prepaid credit when lower than RM4.00... What if i need to call in the case of emergency... errrrrrr.... 


So, I drove over to The Curve to do some shopping, at the same time wanna to get my prepaid cards... I dropped by the Digi specialized center and approached the guy

Me: Good morning, do you carry digi prepaid top up card?
guy: Sorry sir, we are running out of stock. 
Me: May i know where can i get the digi prepaid top up card in Ikano and The Curve?
Guy: Sir, you can get it @ the news.com one floor below.
Me: Thank you and have a nice day.
Guy: Same to you too... 

So I walked down to the lower ground and headed to news.com... guess what i found out ... A cute and pretty lady in the shops told me that her shop was also running out of stock... 

Me: Good morning, do you carry digi prepaid top up card?
Lady: Out of stock.
Me: Where i can other than this shop?
Lady: Digi specialized center @ Ground floor
Me: I came from there... any where else?
Lady: errrrr... try the photo accessory shop at the end of the corner before enter Ikea.
Me. Thanks and have a nice day.
Lady: ok!

I happily walked over to the phone accessories shop... A guy was sitting there playing with his laptop... 

Me: Good morning, do you carry digi prepaid top up card?
Guy: We are running out of stock...
Me: Oh! thanks ... 
Guy: Sorry!

So i decided to give up and drove back to my condo... Suddenly, i recalled that the cafe @ my condo do sell the top up card... I parked my car and went over to the cafe...

Me: Do you carry Digi prepaid top up card?
Lady: Yes! How much do you need?
Me: Two RM10 card...
Lady: Oh! we charge extra RM0.50 per card... total RM10.50
Me: Errrrr... not RM10... Just forget about it.

I was wondering why Digi allow their authorized dealer to sell RM0.50 extra... emmmm... Let me go and ask their customers service later. I was so disappointed and cursing the yellow man how inconvenient to have the prepaid phone now that i need to waste so much time to look for the top up card. Compare to the telco company in Uganda... i could easily to get the top up card ... no need to worry about run out of stock and i could get it anywhere... So Yellow Man, please improve your stock inventory of the prepaid card.

16 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I didn't realize it was so crucial but I did see several places putting signs that they ran out of stock. You should have bought other telco cards to carry along in case of such emergencies. No big deal for a Starbuck's fan like you to buy more. Take my advice lah coz I am a frequent traveller who got into such trouble always. Now I even bring walkie talkie when shopping in big malls or Chatujak Bangkok. Cheaper!

.:: Ant ::. said...

Wow, walkie talkie some more. Twilight sure can talk lotsa granny tales.

+Ant+

V said...

y r u using digi in the first place??

the viennamese said...

Huh! I know what you mean I had the same problem when I was back in KL! Ended up using daddy's credit card cuz couldn't find :P

But yea, they should seriously address this problem.

team.warsurfer said...

Use Maybank2u.com.my to top up.. more faster and efficient.. no need to go out of the house also :P

Medie007 said...

so in the end where you got your top-up?

JL said...

If you brought your ATM card with you, you could check for any ATM nearby and reload. AFAIK got many banks offering such service already.

Sam said...

I didn't know they charge 50 cents? So weird!!!

foongpc said...

That's why I never use prepaid. Always use postpaid.

Of course the dealer need to charge 50sen if not what they earn? Just like when I top up my Touch n Go at petrol stations, they charge extra 50sen too.

Paul Figaro J said...

can purchase at Petronas also, they r not selling card, but they got sort of online machine can provide you the top up anytime.......unless server down lah

Chris said...

I am using post paid, so shud be alrite, more convenient...

TZ said...

Twilight Zone: no wonder sometime when i was in The Curve i heard some voice saying "Twilight over over ..." blek!... I think this is serious coz it's gave an inconvenient to the user...

*Anton*: hahaha... granny tales from Twilight... Let's get a wakie talkie and tune to Twilight wave... :p

Queen B: My parent is using Digi.. so we have so many yellow man following us...

Evann: Oh... i thot i'm the only one whom faced this issue... i got supporter ... yahoo!

team.warsurfer: errrr.... internet banking... TZ don't trust online banking... Blek!

Medie007: I ended up purchased the top-up card @ Ipoh... hahaha :p

JL: oh... can use ATM card to top-up... thanks for the info.

Sam: yup... this was the 1st time i heard too :p

foongpc: errrr.... sometime i think we as the consumer shouldn't be bearing the RM0.50 service charge, this service charge should be bear by the company.

Paul J: Thanks for dropping by my blog... thanks for the info... next time i know where to go to get the top up prepaid card

Chris: i used to use the post paid but coz i'm traveling... it's more worth for me to have prepaid instead of post paid..

Mr Dino said...

TZ: its been years since i bought a prepaid top-up card... i used either cimbbeng or maybebank online only :p

foongpc: touch-n-go i reload at maybebank atm lah.. always got stock.. petrol station charged 50c but sometimes no stock.. kacau~~

TZ said...

Mr. Dino: Thanks for the info... I'm still not trust online banking transaction .. :p

ahlost said...

The shop next to my old house also sells RM0.50 more expensive... That time I really got no choice so I bought from them :(

TZ said...

ahlost: aiyo... i think this shouldn't be happening... forgot to check out with Digi... will check out with them whether they allow people to sell extra RM0.50