Wednesday, June 4, 2008

AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

I decided to get a new lens after two years. I went to The Garden Midvalley for my nikon lens shopping yesterday evening and got my D70 a new lens within 1 hour... :->

Came back from The Garden and start testing my new lens... guess what is the object for me to test on... hehehe

Lights up KLCC
Close up view of KLCC
KL view @ 1am in the morning
Lights out KLCC

Guess what? with this new lens, i will be closer to the KLCC twin tower ... hiak hiak :-p I could take nicer fireworks on the new years eve... hurray!

Anyway, gotta to hit the bed now... more picture will be updated tomorrow as i will continue to explore my new lens :->

In case you wanna to know more about the AF-S DX VR zoom-nikkor 18-200mm lens... here you go a short description of its feature...
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED, a compact, lightweight 11.1x zoom lens that is ideal for everyday photography and incorporates advanced features such as Nikon ED glass, SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and enhanced VR (Vibration Reduction), as well as featuring optics optimized for use with Nikon digital SLRs.
The lens offers users the remarkable 18-200mm focal length range, which conveniently covers everything from wide landscapes to tight portrait shots. (The picture angle is equivalent to a 27-300mm lens in 35mm format.) Advanced Nikon engineering has given rise to a compact lightweight design that offers excellent handling characteristics.

6 comments:

khengsiong said...

So are you going to bring this lens to Africa? But I worry 200mm is still not good enough for wildlife. You may want to consider a 300mm prime.

Coffee Lover Kid said...

sorry.. sorta MIA a moment.. hey.. i think u accidentally ter-captured my office building... kakaka.... no la no la.. cant see from here la...

TZ said...

Khengsiong: yup... i bought the lens for going to Africa... :-> Let's try out the 200mm 1st ... if not enuf I will upgrade again.

Simple Alex: Unfortunately, my lens is not good enuf to ter-captured u working in office 1am in the morning... otherwise will show ur boss how hardworking you are... hehehe... :->

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how this things work la... but nice pictures.. I only take my photos using SE phones..

Anonymous said...

Nice lens... I am still keeping money for my dream lens - 70-200 2.8 IS. But with petrol price like this. Hai... Need to wait for a long long time to buy lo. :(

TZ said...

keeyit: LoL... actually if you are not going for photography as a hobby... a very basic camera will do... :->

Jayce: I bought this lens just before the petrol price hike... *sigh* now i have to tighten my spending :'(