Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No Internet connection @ home

My home internet down again... *Sigh*

I think we have to boycott Streamyx and switch to its competitor. Within a month, this is the 2nd time the same issue happened. I was so pissed when talked to them as they still asking me to go through the check. 

I told the helpdesk to check the previous report which is dated May 20th 2008. The same issue happened again after i restart my modem. The internet line hang this morning, as usual after all my troubleshooting, i restarted my modem to refresh the connection to Streamyx servers... Guess what? after the restart, the modem could not get the IP address and the ADSL line is unstable. 

So my 1st step was to unplug all the splitter and connect the modem directly to the wall jack... but still not able to get the connection. Then that came to my last resort... calling Streamyx help desk... You know what? they asked me to go through the same steps that i have gone through. But this round the person was smart and he did not insist me to go through the recommended steps before he launched the report. I was given a report#. Few months back, there was one time, the help desk person insisted me to go through the steps even i had done it before calling them, she refused to launch a report if i didn't want to follow the procedure. I was so pissssseed and just scolded the person. At the end, the person has no choice but to launch a report. This is called service.... *Sigh* Now, they are much more smarter and just only asking some question to clarify.

Let's wait for maximum 2 working day... this is what they quoted me on their service level agreement. I'm in Plaza Damas Starbucks enjoying my Africa Kitamu. This round i ordered the cold instead of hot... If you happened to drop by Starbucks, try out the Africa Kitamu eh! It's different and nice...

5 comments:

Simon Seow said...

I always order Cafe Latte in Starbucks. Will try to order Africa Kitamu next time.

TZ said...

Simon seow: Cafe Latte with Hazelnut syrup is my favor... hehehe... but the Africa Kitamu is better than the latte. If you like milk just ask for some milk :->

doc said...

this broadband monopoly is driving everyone nuts!!

now, if only maxis & celcom would lower their mobile b/band to a more affordable price, people will switch like rats out of a sinking ship.

TZ said...

Doc: if i have a choice ... i definitely switch to other provider...

s.kuan said...

streamyx biasa lar. we have no choice but suffer from it's service.