Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kampala... Here i come :->

Finally, after 3 months of happily vacation, it will come to an end on July 5th 2008... I will be going back to work. Hurray! If you read about my entry earlier, i had accepted a 20 months project in Uganda Africa. I'm excited, looking forward and ready to start my new assignment :->

I had a meeting with my future bosses and one of my new team member... The organization structure is kind of complicated, what i know is that I will report to one boss in Uganda and matrix to lots of bosses in Malaysia... challenging eh! That's common nowadays... hehehe ;-)

At the meeting, the team has confirmed that we will be leaving for Uganda on July 5th 2008. For my 1st 2 weeks there, i will be meeting my project customers and of course my immediate boss. TZ will be working in a new environment, new culture with the new faces... if you ask me are you comfortable... what do you think my answer is... :-> Although i'm quite adventurous but i still have not in the comfort zone now a lot of things will be new to me once i touch down in Africa. The 1st thing is I will be a foreigner to the Uganda people. 

For the past 1 month, i have been reading and trying to get lots of informations about Uganda... Uganda is a nice country and the people there is friendly... :-> So, i hope to meet some new friends and make my 20 months a memorable one with some good stories/experience that i would be able to tell to those whom were not been there before when i come back to Malaysia.

Anyway, will have updates about Uganda soon once i touch down in Kampala city eh!... gotta hit the gym now and later I have to drop by TGIF too to say hi to my friend :-> See ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.. that's fast.. you will go to Uganda soon le...

iml said...

Better get all the necessary vaccination before departure for a peace of mind. This site for some reference
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=1216

TZ said...

keeyit: this is fast eh!...

iml: Thanks for the information... lots of jabs needed before i leave ... *sigh*