Friday, January 9, 2009

A Spy in CoffeeLand : Discount on Coffee @ Starbucks

I have been enjoying the discounted coffee since i bought the 10 years anniversary tumbler for only RM10 @ their anniversary day last year... Thanks to one of my friend whom prompted me that they have this limited tumbler for sales on their 10 Years Anniversary day... So i got one for my friend and one for myself... Later, i shown mine to Bahija and she wanted one... the next day i was going around Starbucks to look for another one... finally i got one in The Curve... it was the last two if not mistaken. I didn't expect the tumbler was so popular moreover need to buy at least a Grande (regular) drink to purchase the tumbler for RM10... Guess what? I was drinking two coffee on that day to get the two tumblers and I was sleepless that night ... * Sob Sob*  Luckily, i was not drinking three coffees in one day... didn't know what will happen if i drank three in one row... hehehe :p


Anyway, It was the first time after we got the tumbler, Bahija and I went to Starbucks Plaza Damas to chill out, cha cha (Ugandan language --> Chit Chat) and surfing net while sipping our coffee in the tumbler. Bahija was so excited to use her tumbler for the first time... What we realized that we got RM2.00 discount on all our drinks, I was a bit confused coz it should be RM1.00 discount instead of RM2.00. So I confirmed with the barista and only realized they have changed. Is it because of the bad economy situation, starbucks decided to increase their discount 100% from its original...?errrr... i really have no idea.. hehehe... :p Anyway, i need to drink 5 drink to get back my investment of this tumbler ... muhahaha :p

Anyway, the coffee is still pricy after the discount, I gotta cut down on going to Starbucks... hehehe...  but for me i think we are not only buying the coffee only but also the environment... nice music, nice environment and ambience... yada yada yada.

Hey just for all of your information, I started A Spy in CoffeeLand is not for the purpose of advertise Starbucks but just to remember the time i spent in Starbucks :p BTW, i don't get anything from Starbucks... hehehe :p So just don't put me wrong... how i wish i have a stake in Starbucks... muhahaha *Wink Wink*

10 comments:

Twilight Man said...

The boss I hated is Vincent Tan. He gave me sleepless nights years ago without having to drink any coffee. Next time I will tell him to give you a VIP card or sell some stakes to you. I got to admit that it's pricy but the quality is still there mah. Now where is my cup that you promised?

KY said...

Nice tumbler!!!

Jonzz said...

Another victim of the power of advertising! HA HA HA HA (Runs...)

TZ said...

Twilight Zone: I guess you are not happy with Vincent ... hahaha :p VIP card ... hahaha :p Dude, anytime, when r u free... let me know we could have coffee :)

K|E|E|N|Y|E|E : thanks thanks :)

Jonzz: errrrrr.... hahaha *wink wink*

Altantuya Feels said...

i smell something caffine going on?

r u sure u dun have stake in starbucks?? ;P

[SK] said...

oh, i got that 10th anniversary tumbler too.. but i don't really like coffee, so that tumbler is for my green tea sips in office, hehe~~

TZ said...

Altantuya Feels : Thanks for visiting my blog :) hahaha... unfortunately i don't have the stake... :p

SK: So you also have the tumbler too ... good good... next time we can go to Starbucks together to get the RM2.00 off ... :p

William said...

Orang "miskin" minum old town atau toastbox je...

Bengbeng said...

i am ahead of twilight zone. TZ oledi belanja me starbucks :) at least the ambience . I think i sat there without ordering but at least i am still ahead bcoz i went there with tz haha

doc said...

looks like you've spent a fortune on designer coffee already, which according to Tun Mahathir, in a recent message against the Gaza killings, tastes like any other coffee. was he right?