Friday, January 23, 2009

Was MacGyver your idol?

I just finished watching the series MacGyver which shown in TV2 @ 12am every Thursday.




Few Decade ago...

When i was still studying in primary school, I was a fan of MacGyver. I was so amazed with his knowledges and actions to overcome all his challenges. I was so eager to become like him.. Knowledgable, smart and not scare to take up different challenges... I have been placing him as my idol until the series stopped its production... I never missed a single episode even if i had an exam. My mom had recorded the series for me to watch after my exam... Thanks mom~

Now....

When I watched back those old series in TV2... I just laughing at myself as i treated MacGyver an my idol which was not even exist in this world. Just a character in the series produced by the Hollywood... hahaha... TZ was so naive to have MacGyver his hero... :p Just curious, anyone know someone that have the knowledge, workable ideas and look as MacGyver... Can you introduce him to me? I would like to know him :)

Anyway, hehehe... anyone was sharing the same idol as me when you were a kids?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to watch McGyver every week and like you was amazed at everything he does. LOL I guess the closest living person I can think of is that guy from the Discovery channel show "Survivorman". He goes to remote places and make things out of nothing.

Borneo Falcon said...

MacGyver is my idol when I was in primary school until this day. I bought a swiss army knife because of the show.

I am well aware of the MacGyver air time on Friday midnight but unable to watch it as I need to work the next day. What a shame they put such an amazing show so late.

TZ said...

Babette: I did watch the survivor man in discovery channel... he's good and he knew his way in and out with the mother nature...

Borneo Falcon: wow! you have swiss army knife coz of the show... * Two Thumbs Up*

Jonzz said...

Yes, every one who was a kid at the time MacGyver was the rage was most probably a Macgyver fan.

And I also like swiss army knives because of the show. LOL!

[SK] said...

wah, that was like 2 decades ago!! but i think Doraemon is better!! hahaha :)

Medie007 said...

let's see... my idol would be, erm...

no one? LOL

TZ said...

Jonzz: hahaha... you also crazy about MacGyver... how nice if i could be as knowledgeable as MacGyver... hahaha.... I don't have a swiss army knives :p

SK : hahaha... it's 2 decades ago... Doraemon was good too... but he's older than MacGyver ... hahahaha

Medie007: hahahaa... i know i know ... your idol is the cat that jump up on to your comfortable bed... hahaha :p

foongpc said...

I used to like McGyver when I was small. But I don't treat him like my idol. I think it's rare to find such a person in real life. Only happen in TV shows : )

TZ said...

Foongpc: hehehe... so who is your idol?

foongpc said...

I don't think I have an idol. My idol must be perfect and so far, I have not found anyone who is perfect : )

Unknown said...

hey this is funny. somehow when look back at old tv shows/ cartoons, i also wonder how come i was so impressed last time. maybe as children, we get awed by more things :)