Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cari Makan @ Penang : Ching Ying Coffee Shop

I was away from KL and spent my weekend @ Penang.

I woke up @ 6:30am and got ready to go marketing with my parents and my uncle... My uncle drove us to the wet market @ Sungai Ara. This market was full of people... I'm not a wet market goer, I only wanna to eat the nice Hokkien Mee.

After my uncle finished ordering his favorite fishes and enough of the fishy smell... We headed to a nearby coffee shop for our breakfast... The coffee shop has the most popular Hokkien Mee in the neighborhood...

The row of shop just besides the New Sungai Ara Market

Yummy Hokkien Mee

Hokkien Mee (closeup)

Almost 80% of the customers were ordering this Hokkien Mee @ Ching Ying Coffee Shop. If you happened to be near Sungai Ara Market... Go and give it a try.

P/S : This is definitely NOT near KOMTAR... you will NOT able to see KOMTAR from this area. :p

10 comments:

manglish said...

yum yum...are you a penangite?

TZ said...

Manglish: I'm not Penangkia... I'm KL Lang :p But Penang is my 2nd home ;p

[SK] said...

the hokkie mee aka prawn noodles looks good leh.. so hungry now already~~ :p

Anonymous said...

it looks really delicious for me, do they sell loh mee as well? kekeee

Bravebear said...

hmmm... why cant they standardize the names of the mee ah?? LOL!

Little Dove said...

I've never seen curry Hokkien Mee. I thought Hokkien Mee are in black sauce. ^_^

smallkucing said...

Called Prawn mee in KL

TZ said...

[SK]: hehehe... i made SK hungry.. yuppie!~

the happy go lucky one: Nope they just sell Hokkien Mee... :p

Bravebear: hahahhaaaa... so when you go to Penang don order Hokkien mee if you don't like Prawn Mee :p

Little Dove: Penang Hokkien Mee means prawn mee (Har Mee) in KL... So don't expect the Hokkien Mee with black sauce :p

Smallkucing: Yup... It's Har Mee in KL.

CH Voon said...

i like the Hokkien Mee!
It look really yummy... air liur pun keluar sudah

TZ said...

CH Voon: you always be the last commentor eh~ hehehe... of coz that's my intention to make my reader drooling over their computer :p